DSP232 9600bd KISS help?

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using a DSP232 in Kiss mode with Wisp?
My problem is, when in 9600 baud packet mode, I can receive the UI frames from UO-22 no problems with a terminal program,but as soon as I try to use Wisp or PB, I get nothing at all. PB boots up ok and puts the TNC into Kiss, but that's  all that happens,nothing gets transfered from the TNC to the computer when receiving.
On the other hand, when receiving 1200 baud AO-16 PSK stuff, I have no problems in Kiss mode, i.e wisp works fine, telemetry files get saved, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers