Re: AO-40 Mis-Information

I'l just add my "two-cents":

I ran into a similar situation from some of my local ham club members who
had "heard" that P3D or "AO-whatever-you-call-it" had died.  Of course they
had read it in the January issue of QST [news from early December] which
arrives up here in mid-Jan.  I proceeded to field his doubts and correct
his mis-information though he was reluctant to accept it.

One thing I have found helpful is by being known as the "Amsat Guy" [Amsat
Area Coord.], so what I say is more readily accepted as "official".  This
hasn't come about quickly, and I believe it has resulted from hosting the
Amsat table at our main state hamfest for the past four years.  Of course
often I don't know a particular answer to a question, so it pays to keep up
on the "news".

The current newsletter editor for the main Anchorage ham club is good about
reporting from either Amsat News or ARRL News, so his info is much more
timely...certainly helps my job ;-)  It also helps that he has a interest
in satellite operation.

Ed