Re: AO-40 Mis-Information

Unfortunately, the HAM magazines are 2 to 3 months behind
getting the correct news to the Amateur Community.  This can be
attributed to their deadlines for news articles and the lead time for
printing and distribution.  I write many articles on a monthly basis
for our Club newsletter.  Our readers were confused in the
difference our newsletter and the HAM magazines.  Finally, I had to
write an explanation in our Club newsletter each month to explain
they are reading the latest and greatest information in reference
to the Ham publications.

For a period of time many thought AO-40 was in serious trouble
locally and could not understand why I was publishing information
that contradicted QST or CQ.  Who am I?

We can help control these things at a local level by getting involved
with local clubs and help provide news on AO-40 that is current.
Our Editor can always count on me taking my submissions right
down to the deadline to make sure I have included all the latest news
on AO-40.  Now, they trust what they read in our newsletter and ignore
the magazines when it comes to AO-40.

This is only one method of controlling the information. I also get
on the local repeater if I hear talk about AO-40 to provide the latest
news.  This usually happens right after the magazines hit the mail
box.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama