Re: ISS silence

In a message dated 4/18/01 4:55:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
francisco-p-costa@telecom.pt writes:

<< At 1523z all was normal, but wasn't at 1658z.
 Check the last ISS frames over EU:
 [DD-MM-YY UTC time]

I do know this much and that is that since last night, the expedition two
crew on ISS have had to deactivate many of the space station systems for what
amounts to a repositioning of their Soyuz vehicle.  Doing this requires that
they temporarily configure ISS as though they will not be returning.  So,
like with Mir, having no ground controllability of the on board amateur gear,
 I would imagine they simply shut it off for the procedure that's now in
progress and my guess is that it will all be up and running again sometime in
the next couple of days.

Steve
K5PK