Re: AO40 Copy on 17 April

Mark,

It seemed about normal this AM, compared to what little I have copied it.
Weak with losts of fades when I started listening around 1600UTC.  Got
stronger as the pass went on.  And then took a big drop off.   came back in
the last 20 minutes or so of the pass very strong.  That was around 1730 to
1750 if I remember right.  I got lots of Sync's during the first hour.  But
with the fades I was getting bad CRC of course.  I was in the clear on that
pass.  I have a group of pine trees that seem to bother me to from South to
West.  That pass was just a touch South of East for me.  The trees seem to
be a real problem.  But I will have to do this some more before I decide
that is really the problem.

Yesterday AO40 was much stronger.  Today was strong but not as good.  I
figure that was due to the Range distance as this pass never got that close
to me.  Just my speculation though.

If I remember right you have many trees around your QTH?

73 KE4AZN
Mike Kingery
EM71, Southeast Alabama