Re: AO40 good CRC Monday

> I've been having a devil of a time even hearing AO-40. I think it's
perhaps
> we're too far North  and the MA doesn't even come close to 240 before it
> ducks down over the horizon.

I was able to copy the S beacon yesterday at my QTH in western Virginia for
the first time after 3 prior attempts.  I  copied 2 bad blocks at around
17:12 UTC  MA was 247   Alon / Alat 300/0  Squint 42.  I am using the Drake
converter with all the JN1GKZ mods including the the EA 3 MMIC pre amp with
a 16 turn helix.

> And unless I'm mistaken, I can't see any really good opportunities for at
> least a month

Looks like there will be good passes at a reasonable time of day for this
area on the 20 th and 24 th if you can manage to be home at that time.

Your equipment is probably better than mine.  Good luck.

73,  George W2CID