Re: AO40 Copy on 17 April

I had what sounded like LOTS of fading this AM.  I'm not sure if it was the
trees blowing, the horizontal polarity of the TranSystem dish, or the bird.

Did anyone else notice an usual amount of signal fading this AM?  It kept
me from getting good CRC blocks..only about 1-2 OK out of over 100 blocks.

73,

Mark

At 07:09 AM 4/17/01 -0500, Mike Kingery wrote:
>Got 37 good CRC telemetry out of 167 total this AM.  Signals were strong
>again in the last 20 minutes of the pass.  A little further off to the east
>than I have copied before.  Put the TranSys dish and downconverter up on my
>TV rotor controlled AZ/EL and it worked fine.  Manual control of the
>positioning was more that accurate enough to copy AO40.  And my Elevation
>rotor controller is one of the "clicky" types (sorry for the definition),
>that only has about 7.5 degrees per position.  Very encouraging.
>
>73 KE4AZN  em71
>
>Mike Kingery
>mkingery@ala.net
>

>----