Re: Re: [sarex] What am I doing wrong...?]

Hello Douglas!

15 Apr 01 17:55, you wrote to Guido Gazzadi:

 DC> But it must be stressed that your "reference " must be transmitting
 DC> the proper deviation to begin with or you will only be as accurate as
 DC> it is , so make sure before doing this .

If you can get hold of something with a discriminator that's linear to beyond
+/- 5 kHz, and you can get a DC output (generally means tapping directly into
the discrominator), then a very accurate reference is to use a rig that goes in
5 kHz (or less) steps, and use those to calibrate the +/- 5 kHz voltages on the
discriminator (use a CRO, ideally, so you can see what's going on).

If you don't have a CRO, it's not as easy, as one has to take into account
other parameters (RMS, peak etc, meter accuracy at various frequencies, get the
picture...).

Tony, VK3JED

.. Tap with hammer here #### for new monitor!