Soundcard Modem Programming?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good online text that shows the
approach and/or algorithms etc to programming a soundcard modem? Sort of a
Ham-DSP-Howto, I guess.

While the source code to some excellent examples are available, I think that
understanding the underlying principles would help a lot, especially if one
wanted to "roll their own" (such as a 1200PSK soundcard modem as proposed on
this list before). I've done quite a lot of searching on the web, but not
found what I wanted.

Any help would be appreciated.

73

Steve, vk5asf