Re: Re: [sarex] What am I doing wrong...?]

n4xeo wrote:

> I would tend to say that your local aprs stations are running HIGH
> deviation.  This is what I've seen from running a bbs for 15 years. The
> users just don't have the equipment to set the tnc for 2.8 to 3 khz of
> deviation. Not to mention most radios out of the box now a days are running
> over 5khz of deviation. Just add a tnc and look at what you have.
>
> 73, Bill N4XEO

I full agree with the need to set a correct TX deviation, but what is the way
(for an average ham...) to measure it ???
I have a Tek 100 MHz scope, HP old (and nice:-) HF-VHF-SHF signal generators
and frequency meter, and the usual shack stuff.
Someone can explain a technically-correct procedure ?
                                                 thank in adwance, 73 de Guido,
I4XQG