Az-el Rotator System by VE5FP

I am still looking for a reasonably priced antenna pointer and found an
article by Jim Koehler (VE5FP) in the December '98 issue of QST.  Looks like
a very interesting project but I just wonder if anyone with first hand (or
even second hand) experience with it can tell me how well it works?  Also, I
have sent an e-mail to Jim at the e-mail address in the article but no
response - anyone know how I can reach him?  Thanks for any help!

73,
Dave, N6YMM