Re: Re: [sarex] What am I doing wrong...?]

At 02:39 2001-04-13 -0400, Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou wrote:
>I get the impression that the ISS packet modulation level
>is a bit low, at least compared to my local APRS stations.
>Does anyone agree?
>
>Doug
>NA1DB

I would tend to say that your local aprs stations are running HIGH
deviation.  This is what I've seen from running a bbs for 15 years. The
users just don't have the equipment to set the tnc for 2.8 to 3 khz of
deviation. Not to mention most radios out of the box now a days are running
over 5khz of deviation. Just add a tnc and look at what you have.

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org
home page: http://www.qsl.net/n4xeo
F.A.D.C.A.: http://www.fcrosby.com/fadca