Re: Re: [sarex] What am I doing wrong...?]

The biggest problem is with the D7's packet modem, IMHO.  I don't think it
decodes packets that well if there is any noise on them.  I see packets that
my KPC-3 decodes just fine that my D7A won't.  The KPC-3 can decode a packet
practically at the noise floor.  The D7 won't decode some packets that are
full scale.  It's always been a complaint of mine with the D7 and D700
modems.  I just don't think they are all that good.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 4/13/01 7:18 AM, Tom Busch at tomb@kiva.net wrote:

> That would explain why I'm hearing beautiful Q5 packets on the downlink,
> everything else is right on my D7, and I'm still not seeing any data.
>
> TomB
>
> At 01:39 AM 4/13/01 , Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou wrote:
>> I get the impression that the ISS packet modulation level
>> is a bit low, at least compared to my local APRS stations.
>> Does anyone agree?

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA