Re: ISS UtIquette

> ALERT:  We are beginning to hear a lot of packet on UO-14 (uplink
> 145.975).  Two possible causes related to ISS are:

I agree ... in the excitement of the intial fervor some folks really are
hitting ISS too hard and too often.

We have proven that 5 watts into simple antennas will make it, if it is
"make-able".

Blasting packets to nothing is QRM.  "Fortunately", AO40 appears to be fried
on 2m -- can you imagine the bedlam that this would have caused to to that
(145.990 is just on the edge of the 2m uplink)?  We need to be good
neighbors in a satellite sub-band that is getting more crowded all the time.

Stephen
W3SMK