Re: UPDATE - QSLing Packet on the ISS

on 4/11/01 12:14 PM, K5OE@aol.com at K5OE@aol.com wrote:

> I assume the specific issue is:  what constitutes a "satellite QSO" (DXCC) or
> "satellite contact" (VUCC)?  Intuitively, I do not think this qualifies as a
> QSO in the traditional sense, although the only rules reference I can find is
> in WAS, 2, requiring "two-way communication."  I think it can be argued an
> exchange of emails on KO-25 is "two-way communication... established on
> amateur bands.

Jerry,

My view is that seeing another callsign digipeated while hoping they see
yours is NOT a valid QSO.  So just sending QSLs to everyone in your "MH"
list would not be valid, IMHO.  However, if an APRS message (or whatever
format) is exchanged between two stations "live" then that is certainly a
QSO.

Regarding digital mailboxes, I think that somewhere in the rules that store
and forward modes are not allowed (perhaps I am thinking of the
non-satellite rules).  In other words, it has to be "live."

OK, OK, I'm throwing water on an excellent bit of humor.  I hate mornings!
UGH!

:-)

73,

Jon