Re: Doppler tuning software comparison matrix

Hi Wayne,
I think you got this mostly right but I had a little difficulty
reading it. Here is a corrected set for InstantTune as best I can tell:

DOPPLER TUNING SOFTWARE
InstantTune current release = 1.07
Full Doppler tuning?  Yes
Half Doppler tuning?  Yes
Supports multiple radios? Yes (up to 3 at a time)
Supports RX & TX converters?  Yes
Shares keps & UI with map display?  Yes
Host tracking program required? InstantTrack 1.0 or 1.5
Supports antenna tracker? no (use RoterDRV)
Tune across analog transponder?  Yes
Cost  Free + Open source (like free beer!)
Operating Systems supported: DOS 5 or 6 or full screen mode in Windows 3.1
,95, 98
Radios supported (tuning method):
Yaesu FT-847 Yes(A)
Yaesu FT-100 Yes(A)
Yaesu FT-817 Yes(A) , Howard G6LVB has developed a working driver
(way to go Howard!) - needs beta "customers" before release
Yaesu FT-736 Yes(C)
Icom radios with CI-V interface  No(A) undocumented feature
  - IC-821 can be configured but has not been tested or debugged
Kenwood TS-790  No(A) (not tested, but should work in half duplex mode)
Kenwood TS-2000 No(A) (not tested but I think it will work half duplex)
Kenwood HF radios Yes(A)
Radios with mic button up/down   Yes(C)

>Tuning method in order of preference:
>    (A)=tune via radio's VFO knob
>    (B)=tune via dragging mouse
>    (C)=tune via keyboard
>    (D)=tune via clicking mouse

I strongly support your attempt to encourage automatic doppler tuning,
if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

73,
Tony AA2TX