Doppler tuning by up/down buttons

I have seen mention of drivers to adjust for Doppler by activating the
up/down buttons that are available on many HF and VHF/UHF transceivers
(presumably parallel or serial outputs)

My questions are:

1.  Do such drivers exist?  Specifically, for a Windows based platform
(preferably compatible with Winorbit).
2.  If so, where can I get hold of such a beast?

Would be useful for my unattended recordings, where I need the downlink to
track the bird without any intervention.  Might even be able to record SSB
activity as well! :)

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.