From: <K5OE@aol.com>
To: <kk5do@arrl.net>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] UPDATE - QSLing Packet on the ISS

> Thank you, Bruce, for following up on this issue.  I know the specific
querry was regarding digipeated QSO's via ISS.  This sounds fine, since both
stations must be in the shawdow of the satellite at the same time.  What
about the store-and-forward satellites?

> I assume the specific issue is:  what constitutes a "satellite QSO" (DXCC)
or "satellite contact" (VUCC)?  Intuitively, I do not think this qualifies
as a QSO in the traditional sense, although the only rules reference I can
find is in WAS, 2, requiring "two-way communication."  I think it can be
argued an exchange of emails on KO-25 is "two-way communication...
established on amateur bands."
> 73,
> Jerry, K5OE
>
> ps:  CQ all digital ops in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia.  Please send
me a message on UO-22 or KO-25 and I will respond immediately.  Please
provide your direct QSL information in the message and I will send you a
card the same day!