RE: PC Interface for G-5400G Update

The parallel port is on its last legs.

If you just want to twiddle bits, these guys make a little USB powered
interface board that can be controlled with HTML, JAVA, C, Basic etc.  Just
about any OS except NT4.0 can be used.  They also make some A/D, RS232, and
other I/O daughter boards that work with it but i can't vouch for how well
they work.

http://activewireinc.com/

Moe,ae4jy