Re: UPDATE - QSLing Packet on the ISS

Thank you, Bruce, for following up on this issue.  I know the specific querry was regarding digipeated QSO's via ISS.  This sounds fine, since both stations must be in the shawdow of the satellite at the same time.  What about the store-and-forward satellites?

I assume the specific issue is:  what constitutes a "satellite QSO" (DXCC) or "satellite contact" (VUCC)?  Intuitively, I do not think this qualifies as a QSO in the traditional sense, although the only rules reference I can find is in WAS, 2, requiring "two-way communication."  I think it can be argued an exchange of emails on KO-25 is "two-way communication... established on amateur bands."
73,
Jerry, K5OE

ps:  CQ all digital ops in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia.  Please send me a message on UO-22 or KO-25 and I will respond immediately.  Please provide your direct QSL information in the message and I will send you a card the same day!