UPDATE - QSLing Packet on the ISS

okay, guys...let's go for it. iss qso's will be accepted towards arrl awards as
long as you heed the rules.
73...bruce

Hi Bruce,

This is our interpretation:

"Band and mode for Satellite DXCC, VUCC and WAS are irrelevant. There
are no band or mode categories for Satellite DXCC, VUCC, or WAS. For a
contact made through an ISS repeater device, you only get credit toward a
satellite award, not a band or mode award."

I refer you to Section I of the DXCC rule 1(m) and rule 6, which states:

1(m). Satellite: Contacts must be made using satellites since March 1, 1965.
Confirmations must indicate satellite QSO.

6. All contacts must be made with amateur stations working in the authorized
amateur bands or with other stations licensed or authorized to work amateurs.
Contacts made through "repeater" devices or any other power relay methods
(other than satellites for Satellite DXCC) are invalid for DXCC credit.

73

Bill Moore NC1L

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator                          kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot