RE: AGWPE

The tragedy of the PC soundcard is that is has virtually no
buffer memory on-board.  If the CPU is even a little bit
late sending or grabbing data, you get a disruption in
the audio.

You see this all the time when you are playing audio
and you get a dah-dah-dah-dah-dah skipping when starting up
another program, etc.

If the soundcard architecture included 512k or so of buffer memory
(which does not have to be at all high-performance), the soundcard
would be able to run for several seconds without CPU intervention
and we would not have these sort of problems.

Oh well...

Doug
NA1DB