RE: PC Interface Update 2

Paul

> A parallel port solution is OUT, as it requires device drivers for Windows
> NT/2000, ... which are hard to come by!

There's a number of similar solutions to this, but
http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm has some information and a
solution to this.

If you have source code you can do things more neatly using Port95NT [aka
DLPortIO]
http://www.esc.auckland.ac.nz/teaching/675.232/CodeSamples/Port95NT%20driver
%20to%20access%20LPT/port95nt.exe

If your program is dependent on an INOUT.DLL to perform the I/O (many apps
use this), I've written a replacement DLL for NT/2000 to interface with
Port95NT so you don't have to see or modify source code. This is how I've
run a Fodtrack parallel interface on NT & 2000 now for several months via
WispDDE. http://www.g6lvb.com/images/inoutnt.zip

73 Howard G6LVB