RE: AGWPE

It may not work well on some systems.  I've found that under Windows NT, you
need a lot of CPU grunt to get soundcard packet working.  If you have
anything faster than a 300 under NT (under 9x, a P200 should be fine), then
you have a good chance of working.  I have Tx lockups on an older version of
AGWPE on a P233, later versions haven't really worked for me... :(

It also depends on your soundcard drivers, and I think mine are a little
flaky. :(  Might be time to invest in a real SB, given that I use my
soundcard heavily for ham stuff. :)

By comparison, on the Linux box, the kernel soundcard modem drivers perform
flawlessly on a 486/66, on a system that's holding up an Internet link and
doing a few other things at the same time. :)

Give AGW a try, but don't expect miracles on slower hardware or cheap sound
cards.  YMMV. :)

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.