Re: 2.4 ghz converters

Jess,
I also do not have any "real" test gear here, but have done some fairly careful side-by-side tests on various downconverters using both amateur ATV signals and MMDS signals here locally.  I have done comparison testing with various antennas and the results below are consistant regardless of antenna.  We have an S-band ATV repeater, W5PZP, here in Houston that provides a very constant on-air signal source, plus a half-dozen MMDS channels to pick from (my favorite is Discovery Channel).  Here are my observations referenced to W5PZP with a 16-turn helix antenna:

stock Drake 2880 with no mods:       P2
California Amplifier with no modes:  P3
Drake 2880 with all "easy" mods:     P4
Above + Conifer preamp               P5