2.4 ghz converters

Good Afternoon to All,

I had a Trans System 3373 with the 2.4 ghz stub cut out and a Drake 2880
with all the G0MRF mods in it on the bench at the same time this
afternoon.  Since I only have a weak signal source my tests are pretty
crude compared to most of those described here but I thought they might
be of interest.

I found the 3373 to have 3 or 4 db more gain than the Drake but I could
not tell any difference in weak signal detection capability.  The weak
signal detection capability of the 3373 did not degrade until I inserted
about 15 db of attenuation in the IF line.  Although the frequency
stability of my weak signal source is not very good I did not hear
anything to suggest short term frequency "hopping" with the 3373.

I use a 122 mhz to 28 mhz converter here and listen on 10 meters with a
Yaesu FT-840.

73 de Jess - W4MVB