Re: ISS First IMpressions..

> I suspect we will begin to see many HT demonstration's via ISS!  That is
> my dream, for handheld school, student and scout demos...

Looks like it works, handheld digital satellite message communications....

---------- Forwarded messages ----------
Bob, I copied... packets off of ISS last night around midnight... [using]
my D7A(G) on the floor... [with] the volume [set] to wake me up.  Around
midnight I heard packet and proceeded to copy half a dozen packets from
ISS using nothing more than my HT with it's stock whip! [inside my house]
-James Jefferson KB0THN

Bob,   No problem getting into the station using 5W from a TH-D7(G)
(internal battery) and a 1/4 wave ground plane mag mount on my deck.
de Bob, KB5YQH@arrl.net