Re: QSLing Packet on the ISS

First of all, thanks Bruce for trying to get an answer from ARRL.

Reading the answer very carefully it sounds like Bill Moore is confused by
the question.  Lets see, all contacts that are not direct do not qualify
for awards.  So I guess "all" satellite contacts are invalid since they are
not direct...they are "repeated" thru a satellite.  Or all digital contacts
that go thru a satellite do not qualify.  Or...did Bill think that after
the signal went through ISS, it was digipeated on the ground?  I get a
sense of this from his statement that the digipeater is an additional power
relay method to the space station...huh?  Certainly the answer is quite
confusing.

I do not operate the digital birds so I don't know.  But are all contacts
made through digital birds unqualified for any ARRL awards.  Sounds like
mode discrimination to me...after all don't voice contacts through
satellite qualify for awards?  How abour CW?

OR maybe he is really saying "we don't want you to use the ISS equipment
for award chasing".  Yeh?  OK then just say so!

Ed
I was thinking that someday I might try for 2m eme-WAS but darn, its not
direct...its bounces off the moon.
Sorry for my attitude...the answer just sounds like bureaucratic...bleep!