RE: PC Interface via TCP/IP

Also worth looking to the Fido BBS world (Remember those? :) ) for some
code.  In the early days of Internet connectivity, some BBSs used to use a
virtual COM port driver to fool the BBS into thinking it was connected to a
modem, when it was really using a telnet session.

OS/2 running SIO/VModem was famous for pulling this trick, and it worked
with just about any program (ever seen dear old Telix for DOS run telnet? :)
).

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.