RE: Packet on Kenwood TS-2000

Hello there,
put the squelch to zero and use a terminal program to
connect to the tnc. Then type the following:

<snip>

TASCO Radio Modem
AX.25 Level 2 Version 2.0
Release 09/15/99 2Chip ver 2.00
Checksum $CF

cmd:DISPLAY

cmd:SOFTDCD ON
SOFTDCD  was OFF

cmd:KISS ON
KISS     was OFF

cmd:RESTART

<snip>

Now the tnc is running in KISS-mode and is using the software-DCD.
The squelch is no longer necessary. But you´ll have some problems
to bring the tnc in full-duplex mode. You can use the tnc either
on the "main" OR on the "sub", not on both at the same time !!!
any more hints about that ?????

73 de Michael
dh5mk@dh5mk.de