Re: PC Interface for G-5400G

If you decide to drag out the soldering iron, I have
made an antenna controller  that is driven by the Icom
CI-V interface.  The antenna controller acts like a
pseudo-radio and interprets a "set VFO" command as "set AZ/EL".
WispDDE supports this protocol.

The advantage of this approach is of course that only one serial
port is needed to control both the radio and the antennas.

And if your radio is a Kenwood instead of an Icom, I humbly
suggest my PIC-based CIV-Kenwood translator circuit which
makes a Keenwood radio look like an Icom radio (at least well
enough to track satellites).

The antenna controller circuit basically consists of a 16F84 PIC,
a relay driver IC, and 4 relays.  It is built entirely on a couple
of Pic-Stic circuit boards sold by Dontronics in Australia, so I did
not have to mess with making a PC board or do any rat's nest
breadboard wiring.

Doug
NA1DB