Re: Looking for Commodore tracking sw

Hi, Howard.  Nice web pages- I wish I had more time for
such things.  Maybe soon.

I can't show you my 8008 rig- I don't even know where it is.
When I was living in Tucson, Arizona, about 20 years ago, a
friend of mine borrowed it, and I haven't seen it since. It
seems he was a science-fiction addict, and there was to be
a big SF convention in town.  He decided to build a full-scale
model of the bridge of the starship Enterprise for display, and
needed something to flash the lights on the consoles in some
convincing manner.  The last time I saw my 8008, my friend
Howard was sitting in the middle of the floor with a big box of
multiplexer chips, about 100 optical isolators, several miles of
wire, a programming manual for the 8008, and a frown on his face.

I went to that convention, mainly to hear my hero Robert A. Heinlein
speak, but I couldn't find Howard nor the bridge of the starship
Enterprise.  I guess Howard realized you can't build a starship
within a two-week schedule, no matter how hard you try.

Best regards,  John  W5EME