Re: Mars Odyssey on way to Mars

Hi Ed,

Here is a neat tool I've used several times before:  CataList, the Listserv
search engine.  It's pretty good...

Searching for "mars" it finds 16 hits (some not applicable...)

http://www.lsoft.com/lists/list_q.html

Perhaps it's this one?

http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=MARS-L&H=LISTSERV.ND.EDU

Anyhow, perhaps you can find it this route.

73,

Mark

At 06:27 AM 4/8/2001, Edward R. Cole wrote:
>Not only that, but they plan to test the 437.1 MHz UHF Relay xmtr [10w to
>0-few dBi antenna] at about day 60 when the s/c is 20M km from earth.  I
>sent a subscription request to the remailer for that test but it bounced.
>Anyone know the correct e-mail address for the "MARS-NET" remailer list.
>
>Phillip Chien, KC4YER wrote in CQ-Magazine [page 57] this month that the
>subscription could be sent to <Listserv@VM.StLawU.edu>, but that address
>bounced as "no such address"...
>
>In 1996 they conducted a similar test with the MGS UHF Relay and there was
>great discussions on how to detect the signal on the list, then.  Is anyone
>on the list that can supply the correct address?  There is no reference to
>it or the test anywhere on the Odyssey web page.  In 1996 Amsat had a link
>describing the test in detail.
>
>Well, maybe Phillip is doing an April-Fools on us?
>
>Ed

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]