Re: AIDC 3733 Stub

Doug,

You are correct about where to put the attenuation, these guys have a lot of
gain at the IF.  However, there are some out there that don't feel
comfortable working on the downconverters with the very small components.  My
information is mainly to reassure them that not cutting the stub will not
degrade their reception at 2401 MHZ.  An unmodified downconverter works a lot
better than a dead one.

If one feels qualified, then cutting the stub should be done, plus adding
attenuation in front of the receiver.  The picture Mark Hammond posted is
very clear on where to cut it.  I definitely recommend cutting it with a very
small pair of cutters, I don't recommend unsoldering it anymore.

Bob
K5GNA