Re: Helix feed for dish

This talk started me wondering:

Is it possible to make a directional antenna that has
a better "shape" factor than usual?  Ideally a
dish feed antenna would have a relatively constant gain
over a relatively large angle, and then the gain would
quickly drop once this angle was exceeded.

I have seen plots for some eggbeater style antennas that
had two gain peaks at about +- 45 degrees, and then a
partial null (maybe -6 dB) straight up.  This
is the sort of thing that I had in mind.

Doug
NA1DB