Re: Mars Odyssey on way to Mars

Not only that, but they plan to test the 437.1 MHz UHF Relay xmtr [10w to
0-few dBi antenna] at about day 60 when the s/c is 20M km from earth.  I
sent a subscription request to the remailer for that test but it bounced.
Anyone know the correct e-mail address for the "MARS-NET" remailer list.

Phillip Chien, KC4YER wrote in CQ-Magazine [page 57] this month that the
subscription could be sent to <Listserv@VM.StLawU.edu>, but that address
bounced as "no such address"...

In 1996 they conducted a similar test with the MGS UHF Relay and there was
great discussions on how to detect the signal on the list, then.  Is anyone
on the list that can supply the correct address?  There is no reference to
it or the test anywhere on the Odyssey web page.  In 1996 Amsat had a link
describing the test in detail.

Well, maybe Phillip is doing an April-Fools on us?

Ed