Re: IPS and Amateur Satellite Software

Anyone ever hear of Autocoder Assembly language on an IBM 1401?  No CRT, no
keyboard, and only tape or punched card input!  A four foot square box with
8k core RAM expandable to 16k.  No multiply feature unless you paid $4k
more.  Otherwise you wrote your own add and shift stuff to multiply.  My
first experience was in 1963 with this thing.  We wrote 200k programs with
tape overlay routines and extended memory out onto tape.  Some fun!

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org