Re: my Picture of the Stub cut site

Mark,

I tied to download it but can't get the picture.

The NF isn't affected with these losses after the preamplifier -- mainly
before.  The only thing you lose is all of those extra S units on the
receiver. In a marginal system, say a couple hundred feet of RG-59 from the
downconverter, you might need the gain.  As I have been saying, the S-5 to
S-8 noise into the receiver needs to be attenuated a bit.

Bob
K5GNA
k5gna@aol.com