Re: ISS Ham Cosmonautics QSO Day

Hi Nicolaus:
I'm sorry that there are no suggested passes for South America.  We were
faced with a very tough decision due to the extremely limited number of
suggested times we could send to the crew.  The decision was made to
suport passes over the countries sponsoring the ARISS activities.

Remember these are only suggested times.  I think everyone should
monitor the passes over their area for that day.  The crew has been
extremely busy and I'm hoping that they'll take any opportunity to be at
the microphone.  But we need to be realistic.  The crew missed a
scheduled school contact yesterday and a family contact today because
they are so busy.  I'll be very happy if they do *any* general QSOs on
Cosmonautics Day!

I'm trying to get permission to, on a regular basis, send up a list of
"good passes" that the crew can keep around as a reference.  I hope that
that will encourage them to do more general QSOs.  If I can start doing
that I will certainly include South American passes in the list.
    73,
    Will

--
Will Marchant