Re: AO-10 signs of life

 Yoshihiro Imaishi <imaishi@aa.mbn.or.jp> writes
>Hi This is Yoshi.
>
>John Charles wrote:
>> Heard the beacon briefly at 09.08 UTC today (Friday) and one CW
station
>> calling CQ on 145.900 downlink then local QRM wiped everything out.
>
>  Just now (12:44z) I returned home, and tried to hear and loop
>on AO-10. It was far already for my small 6ele YAGI but I got my
>signals with S1.

I heard one or two stations calling through AO-10 during this morning's
pass. All signals were clear with no signs of FMing though very weak
even when the bird was near the horizon for me, normally my best
reception. It will depend which way the bird's aerial is facing at the
moment though.

I could just hear my own downlink when I called TA1D but I don't think
he heard me :(

Let us hope things continue to improve.

John  M1BTR
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RIG RSGB UK6mG UKRS