From: Moe Wheatley
To: paul.willmott@omsl.bm
Sent: 4/5/01 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] New Version AO40Rcv Telemetry decoder

Thanks Paul,
That would be great to have audio from a pass that shows up this
problem.
Geoff, VK3JDG, has sent me a couple minutes worth some time ago but it
decodes
exactly the same on both versions. I have also tried some of Bob
Bruninga's 12m
dish audio files and have never got any good crc blocks from it.  The
signals
were just too far down in the noise.

It appears that as the bird spins, there is a signal null that occurs
and the
signal drops into the noise for a brief time and messes up the data
blocks.
Maybe the unknown "mystery force" that is tugging at AO40 during perigee
is also
distorting the S band signal;>)

My address is:
Moe Wheatley
3342 Canary Trail
Duluth, GA 30096  USA

I'd be happy to pay the freight just let me know.

Thanks again for your help,
Moe