Question:S1-rcv and S2-Helix on AO-40?

Hello all. This is Yohsi.

  I have a question about the connection of receiver and antenna
on the AO-40. I am now viewing AMSAT journal P3D special issue
of Nov.2000. On the page 16, I saw that the unit 25M and 26M
located at BAY-2 is identified by "S1 Band Receiver".
  Is that mean that this receiver can be connected with only S1
dish antenna on the AO-40, or it can be connected with S2-Helix?

  And then, I saw the antenna design of L-band at page 15. It
looks like a 2-ramda diameter SHORT-BACKFIRE antenna. Dur to the
document (*1) I have, this type of antenna will have gain around
15dBi, so is this correct?

(*1) by JH1GDF at page 82 of "Ham Journal" Spring-1987 (Japanese).
     This article discribing the circular-pol antenna on SHF.

  I am now thinking about the link budget.

73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp