Re: Reverse-engineering the AIDC-3733 VCO

Art,

I started to draw the schematic on the VCO, I ended up just doing the 8 MHZ
oscillator.  But, I have been in contact with the TSI factory people on the
matter of a schematic.  The original comments were "don't expect any answers
back from the Engineers at TSI in Taiwan for 6 weeks."  I have asked for more
information on the oscillator and now with what appears to be movement in the
LO, I am reformulating my information so I can ask them to address the
problem.

I hope they will give us some insight into what is happening.  I still have
the question on why I don't hear the frequency changes in the beat note?

Anyhow, my Jan crystal prototype crystal cut for 60 degrees C (PTC
thermistor) will be here in week, we can see if it makes any difference.

Bob
K5GNA,
k5gna@aol.com