Re: AO40rcv and the Kenwood TS-2000

There are 2 problems.  One is communicating with the different radio/rotator
hardware,  the other is communicating between different software applications.

It would be fairly easy to drop a radio device off of a simple package like the
($50) Dallas Semiconductor TINI and have that provide the common interface and
translate it for the specific radio device.  (Substitute your favourite
programmable device with serial and ethernet interfaces for the TINT).

-- John Melton

                Principal Systems Software Engineer
        ((      Sun Microsystems,
      (|~~|     Solaris House, Guillemont Park,
       `--'     Minley Road, Blackwater,
                Camberley, Surrey GU17 9QG, England
       JAVA     Phone: +44 1252 421708  (internal ext 21708)
                Email: john.melton@uk.sun.com