RE: KISS this - TH-D7G, PG DOS?

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Howard Long wrote:

> One problem is that the rig control (for doppler correction) uses the same
> physical port as the TNC - and that means switching the unit somehow out of
> KISS mode into rig control mode and back again.
>
> If you're aware of a way we could intercept the Wisp data stream on the COM
> port to do this, maybe I could come up with a simple scheme to allow doppler
> correction, let me know.

I think you send it "TC 0" and "TC 1" which will switch between TNC and
RADIO mode, just send them on the serial port.  If the radio is in KISS
mode, then you probably have to send the ESCAPE KISS command first... and
then reset KISS and then send the RESET command.

Details are found at Jim Gill's site:   http://jgav.com/ham/tmd700a.htm

Follow the link on the left about "CHANGE TNC MODE REMOTELY"... etc

de WB4APR, Bob