Re: KISS this - TH-D7G, PG DOS?

Howdy all,

In all my work with the TH-D7A (G) I have yet to get it to work _reliably_
with the 9k6 pacsats. I've identified three problems:

1.) on the downlink, 5 KHz tuning steps are too broad to maintain reliable
D/L.
2.) KISS mode does not work in transmit. There is a problem in the modem.
3.) The serial port only runs at 9k6. I forsee overruns being a problem. We
really need 19k2 or better on the serial port.

I was really excited when I heard that Kenwood had upgraded the TH-D7A to 'G'
because I was looking for a portable 9k6 pacsat station. But these problems
make it unusable.

Anyone have any different results?? I'd love to make this work!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator