Fw: Re: AO-40: Plans for April-June 2001

Continuing possibly categories and thoughts:

Listing knowns and unknowns may help

That which has been previously proposed

1.)        Loss of part or=20 all propellant mixture.
2.)        Loss of three vertical=20 antennas on the -Z side of the s/c
3.)        Loss of some sensors=20 ???

Possibilities

Connectivity of loss to current instability at perigee

Uneven mass distribution due to propellent loss causing effect on=20
magnetorquing.

Could whatever destroyed vertical antennas opened the s/c covering =
where=20 antennas mounted
causing a unlikely drag sail.

Lost of vertical antennas may not be physical loss and they are in =
some=20 fashion are causing a unlikely drag sail

Questions

Could the incorrect use of or undetected damage in Magnetorquing =
equipment=20 cause the unstable affect at perigee?

Could non spinning balance wheel(s) effect mass=20 balance?

What is the s/c location of sensors lost?

Enumerate ways vertical antennas could have been lost with interest in=
=20 perigee effect .

Can we verify Solar panels are not deployed .   Verify all = panels=20
are electrically operational?

I know nothing about orbital machanics guy's but any idea might help =
the=20 team.

No question at this time is a dumb question.

73's

Joe  K0VTY