Re: WISP, WispDDE and a TH-D7A(G)

Howard,

howard@howardlong.com writes:
> You've identified a fundamental problem which afflicts the TH-D7, TM-D700
>  and now the TS-2000 too.

Let me suggest a WISP work-around for the TS-2000, using UO-22 for an
example:
1. write the frequency before the pass to 435.130 MHz (command mode)
2. launch MSPE when scheduled by WISP (KISS mode)
3. read the calculated downlink frequency and use a serial or parallel port
output to pulse the DOWN button on the mic jack to keep up with the
Doppler-corrected frequency.

I know it sounds old-fashioned.  It's probably easier to just use an external
TNC.  The TS-2000 will work UO-22 out of the box, but it requires manual
intervention.  I get fully automated operation by using Uni-Trac to control
the antennas and the rig frequency and an MFJ-1270 TNC connected thru the
ACC2 port.  Maybe the TS-2005 will have a full-duplex TNC and separate serial
outputs :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE