Re: IPS for IBM-PC? (Was: AO-40 Telemetry News..IHU-Keps??)

Hi Bill,

Yes, I have lots of fond memories too!

The reason I mentioned it was because IPS was written
for the CDP-1802 so the COSMAC ELF could run the native IPS that
runs on the satellite IHU - no port should be needed. What I
don't know is if some special HW configuration is assumed. It
would be fun to run the IPS sw on an old 1802 system just for kicks!

As far as I know virtually ALL the commercial satellites since the
late 70's have flown an 1802 IHU, certainly the
RCA/Lockheed/Martin Marietta ones.

My father worked at RCA and was able to get me free samples of 1802s
so I had lots of projects with them. The Drexel University Ham radio
club had an 1802-controlled 2 meter repeater in 1980 thanks
to some timeshare time on RCAs TSO system, some serious HW work
by my buddy Bill, WB2LCC, and a free 1802!
73,
Tony aa2tx
---