Re: AO40rcv and the Kenwood TS-2000

Tony Langdon wrote:

>> We don't need a protocol, only a set of capabilities that
>> need to be available,
>> and a set of object methods which support them. Java is 100%
>> network capable.
>

> Which sounds like an application layer protocol of some sort...

Java *has* protocols for calling methods on remote objects, so there's
no contradiction here.

The thing I'm working on has a JHTRadio interface, with classes that
implement it for each supported radio type, with get and set methods for
tuning, reading S-meters, setting power and so forth.

The wierdness is that many radios, especially sat radios, are composed
of multiple transmit and receive sections, some capable of simultaneous
operation. So I'm questioning that whole model too...how to represent
the properties common to a "box" while holding independent the things
that are.

Like in an FT-847 there is a Main VFO, which receives when it isn't
transmitting, and in sat mode there are two VFOs that can either
transmit or recieve. But you can't swap primary vs.secondary by command,
but you can from the front panel. Go figure.

73 de Maggie K3XS